Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 17-10-2010 23:05:17

Cezco
Habitant de Guem

Are there any guides?

Hello i just started playing this awesome game, coming from MTG and i found kinda hard to get strong, mainly because the prices of the cards in the market are quite high and there are so many cards out there. I'd like to know if there are any guides beside the wiki wich helps me out since i realized that it will took ages for my chars to level up to 2 and i feel i'm missing something, realizing that my deck is so weak.Any advices on how can i get more "money"? How did you make your deck stronger and stronger?
My deck is a kotoba mixed up with some zil warriors abilities cards, i'm level 7 at the moment and i've just bought my second deck to mix it up to my main deck but i still found it very poor.
i'll list my cards

hares the brute
amaya
iro the duelist
armed and ready x1
assasination x1
blast off x1
blast x3
fight! x3
in your face! x2
short sword x2
simple dagger x2
simple shield x2
smart ass x1
weapon dance x1
win using force x1

It's only a mixture of kotoba starter deck and zil warrior starter deck

Thank you in advance and if you got any infos on how you players went from being a noobie to a great experienced player just let me know.

...Aboose, il Sacerdote...
http://forum.eredan.com/viewtopic.php?id=20535 My decks
http://eredanita.angelfire.com/ <---- chat ita eredan

#2 17-10-2010 23:49:30

SmokinHot
Campeur

Re : Are there any guides?

Buy Fee'z, get packs, and hope you get something worth enough crystals to improve your collection and increase your deck building options. Experiment with what you like and, when you lose, ask why you are losing and edit your deck accordingly if and when you can.

#3 17-10-2010 23:57:09

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

Let me get straight to the point:

There is NO way you will ever be sucessfull without FEEZ.

Now , let me further explain.
There are 3 major ways of gaining crystals in this game:

1. Buying boosters and selling their content.
2. Buying cards, level them and sell them.
3. Buying cards and selling them for a higher price later on (the price varies depending on new releases, how many card are for sale at a given moment and such).

As you can see, all of these ways involve selling cards. And to sell them you need to buy boosters that are sold for feez. When you buy a booster you gain the right to sell your cards for 3 weeks.

It is important to say there is a way to gain free feez within the game. Check the free feez section in the BANK option. You will need to input some private info on third party sites and such, so it is up to you if you want to do it. Either way you need to buy at least 1 booster per three weeks to keep your crystal income going.

After all that said:

Keep in mind 1 thing - The cards that come in the pre-built decks can't be sold in the market even if you bought a booster ( booster cards can be sold ). You can sell them only if it they get merged with a card that came from a booster ( Some cards evolve only if merged with other cards, for more info on cards that can merge check the FAQ for Card Upgrades on the FAQ section of this forum).

So it is clearly not a good deal to evolve your characters that came with the pre-built deck. Because if later on you want to sell them, you won't be able to. Most character cards that come in the pre-built deck are sold in their "sellable version" ( the ones that come from boosters ) for around 100 crystals in the market. So it is a much better deal to buy them in market as you can evolve them and sell them.

Now onto the cards you have:

Amaya is an excellent card for Tracker decks. There are other tracker deck topics in this forum, you could check them. It is possible to build a half-decent tracker deck without spending too much.

Iro is an excellent card for equipment bases Kotoba decks. He goes with Asajiro and Gakyusha. This is an expensive choice.

My suggestion is to choose one type of deck and keep going with it ( unless you are training different cards to sell them in the market ).
I will quote a pretty usefull post from Proximus, TAKE NOTE OF WHAT HE SAID:

Proximus a écrit :

If you got a limited budget, focus on one deck style, level your cards and if you get bored with the deck, sell the leveled cards and get a new one. Staples you can use in most decks are Assassination, Rain of Death, Obesity, Tadaa!, Living Daggers / Life Devourers, Warrior's Fury, Divine Light and The best Defense (unique). All pretty expensive, but you can cover a lot of decks with those and set your long term plan.
If you're looking for cheaper cards, get a few pairs of all is fair in love + and war, Ice Barriers, Than the Sword, Shell, maybe Fallback. You also want a few cards that chain so you can keep up with other decks that use their resources to their fullest, like Weapon Dance or Smart Ass. For starting out you should be looking for cards that are not restricted to a certain guild so you can try different guilds with cards you're already familiar with (I know that contradicts a bit with my beginning statement, just don't go overboard spending money on different decks).
As for characters, cheap and good choices for the basic builds for each guilds are imo:
Kotoba - Xin, Asajiro, Iro (you want Gakyusha in the long run..)
Noz - Pilkim, Crystalomancer, Alishk, maybe Anryena (also, Prophet if you got the money)
Zil - If you want to go for Shadow, level up Silene and Selene (Silene is a chore since she's no Marauder...), Bloodsword, maybe the Abomination components
Skip Desert Nomads, those are quite expensive and won't net you a good win percentage if you don't stock up to 3 Divine Light for the priest route or 3 Solaris for beatdown, or both if you go hybrid... Plus some nifty "filler" cards like A Warrior's Fury.

After my long long long post I hope you got a better understanding of the game.
Whew, Now go and have fun! smile

#4 18-10-2010 00:04:01

Falanin
Campeur

First, I'd choose whether you want to work on a warrior deck or a marauder deck, and then grab some cheap characters to level that will take your deck in that direction.

For Kotoba warriors, I'd suggest grabbing Xin the Ironbringer or Sen'Ryaku.  Both are fairly cheap in the market, and will help you play cards like Firon and Blast Off more reliably. 

Asajiro is another good choice, especially as he is a staple in high end Kotoba warriors decks, but you'll have to buy some spears to make him work best, so he's a bit more of an expensive option at your level.

In any case, I'd grab as many Firon as you can afford (up to three), and another copy of Win Using Force.  Firon are awesome items, and the more items you use, the better they get.  Likewise, Win Using Force becomes a decent spike if you're using a bunch of items in your deck... and it's absurdly cheap in the market.

If you'd rather work on marauders, I'd grab Hime, and either Tsuro or Malyss.  I'd probably hold off on Malyss until you've picked up the Noz starter, though. 

For non-characters in a Kotoba marauder deck, Firon...again (I love those things), and any of the tracker-only cards.

The all trackers deck is really good for an intermediate level deck.  It's a bit more expensive to build at your level, however.  A lot of cards cost in the 1-2k range, but you don't need multiples of 10k or more expensive cards, like you do for a high-end warrior deck.

I've only really played Kotoba, so I couldn't really help much if you wanted to go Zil, but I'm sure there's someone who'd post some advice for them if you asked nicely.

Thanks for listening.

Save Toran the Faithless!  Equal cards for mercenary caste members!   http://forum.eredan.com/viewtopic.php?i … at=itcg-us

#5 18-10-2010 00:21:47

Cezco
Habitant de Guem

Thanks to everyone, your answers just helped me so much, i'd like to go for the marauders since assassination is quite a good card i'd say

Dernière modification par Cezco (18-10-2010 00:29:47)

#6 18-10-2010 00:55:32

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

Keep in mind Assassination is sold for at least 38k crystals ( expensive card ).

If you want to go for the Marauders you could choose between the Zil marauders ( Abomination and The Shadow are known to be the best, just keep in mind they are high level character cards) or the Kotoba trackes (3 of them are marauders : Hime, Tsuro and Amaya).

If you are going for the very best here are some rough suggestions of very good cards in general:

3x Assassination
3x A Warrior's Fury
3x Living Dagger
1-2x Obesity
2x Tadaa! You're a bunny

Cards to look at if you are going for the Tracker deck:

Tracker's Mask
Tracker's Emblem
A Close Shave
Keep your guard up

Cards to look at if your going for the Zil deck:

Dagger Master lvl 3
Fist blade
Dark Stone Heart/ Nehantic Stone

The fastest and least expensive path for marauders is the Tracker's.

Dernière modification par Seraph (18-10-2010 01:05:11)

#7 19-10-2010 09:52:54

Cezco
Habitant de Guem

I'm running into another problem, at the moment i changed my deck a little and i'm running a tracker deck without Malyss, do you think adding her and using spells is worth it?

#8 19-10-2010 10:21:21

paperbagdemon
Campeur

malyss is a girl??!

hell is when you drew 3 arcaniums at round 1

#9 19-10-2010 11:15:44

Cezco
Habitant de Guem

she or he whatever tongue

#10 19-10-2010 12:27:49

paperbagdemon
Campeur

you can go offensive or defensive with malyss
fireballs and stuffs like that for offensive or icewalls for defensive but not both cause you won't have enough space for other cards.
katamaru is powerful and cheap and both hime and malyss can use it.

or you can just go with the three marauder trackers, it is all about personal preference anyway.

either way you will need 3 tracker's emblem to have a capable deck, 3 tracker's mask's if you can and 2 shurikens at most.
firon and art of the iron fist are other cards to look at too.

hell is when you drew 3 arcaniums at round 1

Pied de page des forums