Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 13-06-2011 21:09:53

alec1012
Campeur

How strong can a Tracker deck get ?

Hi guys,

With the addition of the new Tracker card, the way to play Tracker has changed a bit. As I see it there are 3 possible ways to play:

- High damage deck with Tsuro, Amaya (Human) and Shui Khan (Human)
- Defensive Magic deck with Hime, Malyss and Shui Khan (War Guemelite)
- Hybrid (defensive melee) with Hime, Amaya (Guemelite) and Shui Khan (Guemelite)

There are maybe a few other combinations that could be played like Amaya (Guemelite), Malyss and Shui Khan (Guemelite) and be supported by high spirit and [card]Static Charge[/card]

I'm currently playing the version with:
[card]Hime[/card]
[card]Malyss[/card]
[card]Shui Khan[/card]

[card]Assasination[/card] x2
[card]Time to die[/card] x1
[card]Escaping Death[/card] x1 (can be a life saver against IHAS or Tempus, for example)
[card]Freeze[/card] x1
[card]Shuriken[/card] x2
[card]Katamaru[/card] x3
[card]Rain of Death[/card] x1
[card]Kunai[/card] x1
[card]Firon[/card] x2
[card]To Track down[/card] x1 ( I tried with 2, but I rarely used them both. Plus, it takes a long time to activate the second effect of the card)
[card]Tracker's Emblem[/card] x3
[card]Tracker's Mask[/card] x2

Do you have any suggestions on how to improve it ? I currently have 120-130K on hand and I could do some improvements. I want to go higher in ELO games

Thanks!

#2 14-06-2011 01:24:28

Glasher
Guémélite

Re : How strong can a Tracker deck get ?

Goku
Malyss
Tsuro

3 sub
3 firon
2 obesity
3 firon
2 scroll of immobility
2 assassination
2 shuriken
1 lurking
1 ttd
1 disarmament
1 clumsiness

thats what i run atm its working out really well for me. fun to play to as trackers always have been.

Dernière modification par Glasher (14-06-2011 01:24:48)

Concentrate not on destroying your foe, but on obtaining your own victory. - Gouken

#3 14-06-2011 08:35:36

alec1012
Campeur

To who are you referring by "Goku" ?

#4 14-06-2011 10:02:22

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

alec1012 a écrit :

shui khan hes the parody of son goku of the genzomaden sayuki or journey to the west

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

#5 14-06-2011 10:11:28

hutyro
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Aparture Sience Lab

jackal19 a écrit :
alec1012 a écrit :

shui khan hes the parody of son goku of the genzomaden sayuki or journey to the west

wow, thats awesome XD

This is my rifle
This is my gun
This one's for fighting
This one's for fun

#6 14-06-2011 13:13:48

alec1012
Campeur

jackal19 a écrit :
alec1012 a écrit :

Oh, I get it. The fact that he transforms into a monkey and he's hair turns blonde.

Anyway, I think I've given up trying to upgrade the Tracker Deck and will build something else as soon as I sell my Foil Mashtok. I bought from a guy guy Foil Soriek with only 5K smile))

#7 14-06-2011 15:17:42

shaderlol
Voyageur

alec1012 a écrit :
jackal19 a écrit :
alec1012 a écrit :

Oh, I get it. The fact that he transforms into a monkey and he's hair turns blonde.

Anyway, I think I've given up trying to upgrade the Tracker Deck and will build something else as soon as I sell my Foil Mashtok. I bought from a guy guy Foil Soriek with only 5K smile))

as far as i know tracker deck are pretty solid today
some friend of mine play war guem tracker deck and got 1700 elo
but i can't say if it was actualy solid cause i dint play it by myself ATM

just some thought, his card was :
Shuriken 2x
Kunai 2x
Tracker Emblem 3x
Katamaru 3x
Return To Sender 3x
Lurking 1x
Disarmament 1x
Art of The Iron Fist 1x
Track down 3x

#8 14-06-2011 21:17:49

alec1012
Campeur

I got myself to 1700, but I wasn't able to go further.

#9 15-06-2011 01:16:48

HowDareJoo
Ptit nouveau

With my build (human version), I was floating around between 1700 and 1780. With the recent improvements, Trackers put up a decent fight. Especially against people who don't know yet (heh).  That being said though, I don't see them being a top deck any time soon.

I have been trying to find a way to make [card]To Track down[/card] useful. But Its just too slow. 3 fights is a long time for a marauder deck. I believe I understand its intended purpose. But there are just better and most importantly, more timely options. It has very limited usefulness and unless a card comes out that expedites its effect, or gives marauders (Kotoba) a way to effectively stall, I doubt there will be any decks built around it. But, its worth discussing if anyone has found something I didn't. Anyway...

3x [card]Hit the Road[/card]
3x [card]A Warrior's Fury[/card]
3x [card]Assassination[/card]
2x [card]Shuriken[/card]
2x [card]Obesity[/card]
2x [card]Fallback[/card]
1x [card]Life Devourer[/card]
1x [card]Diversion[/card]
1x [card]Storm[/card]
1x [card]Volk's Curse[/card]
1x [card]Ill Omen[/card]

Originally I was using Hit the Road and Quest of the Thunder King to attempt to make To Track Down work, but that turned out to be a fruitless endeavor. However, I liked the control that Hit the Road gave me so it stayed.

I run Fallback over Substitution because of Quickdraw. Volk's Curse could be removed, but I like it for mirror and warrior based decks (or at least I did...). The current meta shift is probably going to force most aggro decks to start using Scrolls of Immobility or similar soon. It could also be taken out for Clumsiness/Disarmament depending on what you are seeing more. I don't think Clumsiness really helps Trackers that much in anything except DK matchup.

Ill Omen and Storm, are self explanatory.

Diversion over Reborn because we can't cast anyway. At least we have some chance (however small lol) against mage blast. If you want to beat mages go Guem...

Life Devourer is slow without Keep Your Guard Up. I could take out Hit the Road for them, but I think the loss of the control would hurt the deck more. Hit the Road really screws a lot of decks over. Attack their key character twice or you can protect Shui to preserve the buff. Tap obvious heal tanks (priest). Deny people their order bonuses, etc. Its really nice and I am still exploring possibilities with it.

Its a fast deck, suicidal at times. The outcome (good or bad) is usually obvious by turn 3. Being able to manipulate the endgame and beginning is vital because human Trackers lack endurance. Especially without their items.

#10 15-06-2011 10:19:40

jackal19
Gardien

Calandra a écrit :

to answer the question... not strong at all... they have always been ants and they will always remain ants...

says the guy who plays ihas and they are strong if you know how to play them right btw ants are stonger than you think big_smile

Dernière modification par jackal19 (15-06-2011 10:32:07)

-Frederica Bernkastel

#11 15-06-2011 10:29:47

hutyro
Habitant de Guem

Calandra a écrit :

to answer the question... not strong at all... they have always been ants and they will always remain ants...

i said before and i say again, all marauder decks (except mercs) are mid-tier and compete to reach high-tier first, trackers are currently leading and might reach first with the right update

This is my rifle
This is my gun
This one's for fighting
This one's for fun

#12 15-06-2011 10:35:52

jackal19
Gardien

Calandra a écrit :
jackal19 a écrit :
Calandra a écrit :

says the guy who plays ihas and they are strong if you know how to play them right

no need to change to topic or attacking me in person... trackers are not strong... thats it... they might come along an unorganized deck once in a while which will appear super weak making trackers appear strong in return but i never had problems with trackers...

not with homchai deck...
not with nomad deck...
not with foam giant deck...
not with discard... (funny when they increase their spirit)
not with court deck...
not with witchblades...
not with sitar-hero deck...

tsuotai on contrary improved a lot with the last cards... trackers remain weak... they are the dragon knights of the kotoba... they appear good in first place but then they are not working out as well as the pack, witchblades, eclipse, temple guardians, courtesan or circus

no problems how about try fighting them using mages they turn problematic even the  high tier mage can lose to them

Dernière modification par jackal19 (15-06-2011 10:39:26)

-Frederica Bernkastel

#13 15-06-2011 10:41:16

hutyro
Habitant de Guem

jackal19 a écrit :
Calandra a écrit :
jackal19 a écrit :

says the guy who plays ihas and they are strong if you know how to play them right

no need to change to topic or attacking me in person... trackers are not strong... thats it... they might come along an unorganized deck once in a while which will appear super weak making trackers appear strong in return but i never had problems with trackers...

not with homchai deck...
not with nomad deck...
not with court deck...
not with witchblades...

tsuotai on contrary improved a lot with the last cards... trackers remain weak... they are the dragon knights of the kotoba... they appear good in first place but then they are not working out as well as the pack, witchblades, eclipse, temple guardians, courtesan or circus

no problems how about try fighting them using mages they turn problematic even the  high tier mage can lose to them

yes, trackers are pretty much a deck to counter mages, they get beated up by warriors and marauders, but still, they can win against them.

Dernière modification par hutyro (15-06-2011 10:41:27)

This is my rifle
This is my gun
This one's for fighting
This one's for fun

#14 15-06-2011 11:22:25

hutyro
Habitant de Guem

yes, unorganized decks are trown away by other decks, including trackers, but trackers can still counter really powerfull decks like the Dais, craftsman or some priests.

This is my rifle
This is my gun
This one's for fighting
This one's for fun

#15 15-06-2011 11:39:21

hutyro
Habitant de Guem

well, just because their strong doesnt mean they are going to be in ELO, priests are really strong (specially the desert nomad ones), and craftsman might be strong if you play the right cards
and yes, i have been to the ELO room a lot of times

This is my rifle
This is my gun
This one's for fighting
This one's for fun

#16 15-06-2011 11:43:00

jackal19
Gardien

@cal Which goes to show they are not weak as you think they are

-Frederica Bernkastel

#17 15-06-2011 12:09:56

hutyro
Habitant de Guem

i didnt say that they are weak, just that the ELO isnt were they belong, ELO is for High-tier while the trackers are mid-tier
ps: after thinking a little, trackers arent the closest marauders to high-tier, the pirate ones and tsoutai might be considered high-tier

This is my rifle
This is my gun
This one's for fighting
This one's for fun

#18 15-06-2011 12:18:33

jackal19
Gardien

I dont care about elo since its a bit unfair imo(look at those ishai running around there also those blades) its not just training that they are that great but they can also do great stuff at lvl room based on my experience.

-Frederica Bernkastel

#19 15-06-2011 12:47:08

alec1012
Campeur

Calandra a écrit :
jackal19 a écrit :
Calandra a écrit :

not with homchai deck...
not with nomad deck...
not with court deck...
not with witchblades...

Excepting WB and IHAS (which I rarely met so I haven't put anathemize in) the other decks haven't really been a real problem. Some court decks led me to long and annoying battles.

Against discard you simply don't use spirit enhancing stuff and go all physical on them. Shuriken is a life saver here (cards saver, actually).
Foam giant, kill craftsmen first, a well used freeze and time to die + assasination the turn after
I've never played against a really well made sitar hero deck. They usually were hybrids between court and sitar hero so they had neither's strength
Nomad deck, I just built my defenses first and then heavy damage (talking about nomad priest). For temple guardians I just helped them kill themselves.
The pack can get problematic with the new cards, but the old version is easy to beat.

My biggest problem are the aformentioned WBs, who are really annoying. Not only that, but 1 in 3 decks I meet in ELO are WBs

#20 15-06-2011 13:04:17

jackal19
Gardien

alec1012 a écrit :

My biggest problem are the aformentioned WBs, who are really annoying. Not only that, but 1 in 3 decks I meet in ELO are WBs

yup those women are pests btw sorry cal about that ihas thing i just really hate that deck that's all cheers big_smile

Dernière modification par jackal19 (15-06-2011 13:09:04)

-Frederica Bernkastel

#21 15-06-2011 13:22:45

RyogaLX
Gardien

I'm completly agree with Calandra, lot of powerfull decks in Elo can harass Trackers pretty easy. In elo I fought some trackers  decks without a problem.

Soo face it =/

The Nehant Champion
L.N.O
"With facts, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual" Galileo Galilei

#22 15-06-2011 13:36:13

jackal19
Gardien

Calandra a écrit :

dont apologize for ure opinion... i ve always just stated my experience with meeting tracker decks... and it may be that i just didnt run into a good one... may be...

the thing is... i just take elo as a measure because in there u have the same crstal and exp win as in level room and u compete with other players for a week about having the best deck... but u really rarely see trackers in elo room...

lots of discard (even this week with theft being banned), tsuotai, mages, eclipse, sap, witchblades... that is what is competitive... even though its the mainstream that always wins the tournament...

i m playing different decks and among them is a Ihas deck... with which i can not get above 1700 elo... i m still looking for a deck which has chances against those mainstreams without being to mainstream myself... so i m trying different combinations all the time... 

and my orignal intention to even post something in this thread was to give an answer on the question how strong tracker can get... my answer was and still is... they are not strong

yes i eat them too trackers but they're not at 'that' level yet as competitive but quite dangerous if you messed up or something but still manageable

Dernière modification par jackal19 (15-06-2011 13:37:11)

-Frederica Bernkastel

#23 15-06-2011 13:47:29

HowDareJoo
Ptit nouveau

A point here. It should be noted, that if you are quantifying mid tier decks based on their performance outside of ELO or tournaments, then you probably shouldn't be debating here.

Mid tier is 1600-1700 ELO rating, if not perhaps lower. Any other made up summations of your own are purely factitious unless they are based on real numbers and ratings. It can't really be argued. It derails realistic, logical and constructive discussion and is misleading to new players.

Now...

Concerning where Trackers stands. It has been my experience (after playing different builds in ELO), that they are weak. Presently, they are more solid than they have been in the past, but not enough to beat mid tier decks consistently. They can be fun to play, but approaching 1700+ you will find that you rarely win (convincingly) against anyone with a firm grasp of how your deck works. Most of my wins in this range are due to bad draw/decisions on the opponents part, or their lack of respect or understanding for the way new Trackers runs. However, unless they have particularly bad hands, players at 1800 are going to roll over you. Period.

Suffice to say, they can put up a much better fight now than they ever have been able to before. I have enjoyed playing Trackers for now, but they are no where near the top of the marauder food chain. In what form or fashion are Trackers leading in this category... exactly?  I am curious as to how you settled on that conclusion.

#24 15-06-2011 13:50:27

jackal19
Gardien

HowDareJoo a écrit :

A point here. It should be noted, that if you are quantifying mid tier decks based on their performance outside of ELO or tournaments, then you probably shouldn't be debating here.

Mid tier is 1600-1700 ELO rating, if not perhaps lower. Any other made up summations of your own are purely factitious unless they are based on real numbers and ratings. It can't really be argued. It derails realistic, logical and constructive discussion and is misleading to new players.

Now...

Concerning where Trackers stands. It has been my experience (after playing different builds in ELO), that they are weak. Presently, they are more solid than they have been in the past, but not enough to beat mid tier decks consistently. They can be fun to play, but approaching 1700+ you will find that you rarely win (convincingly) against anyone with a firm grasp of how your deck works. Most of my wins in this range are due to bad draw/decisions on the opponents part, or their lack of respect or understanding for the way new Trackers runs. However, unless they have particularly bad hands, players at 1800 are going to roll over you. Period.

Suffice to say, they can put up a much better fight now than they ever have been able to before. I have enjoyed playing Trackers for now, but they are no where near the top of the marauder food chain. In what form or fashion are Trackers leading in this category... exactly?  I am curious as to how you settled on that conclusion.

well as hutryo said they're just mid lvl marauders hmm your right why here it should be in discussions or a debate forum lol

Dernière modification par jackal19 (15-06-2011 13:53:54)

-Frederica Bernkastel

#25 15-06-2011 14:03:33

hutyro
Habitant de Guem

the top of the marauder food chain is probably the pirates and the tsoutai since that they can pretty much buldoze over the other marauders
ps: someone should put the debate ideia in the sugestions parts of the forum

This is my rifle
This is my gun
This one's for fighting
This one's for fun

Pied de page des forums