Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 29-03-2011 03:47:07

Erian
Voyageur

About the mages being overpowered...

I've seen TONS of comments of ppl complaining about how "overpowered" (in their opinion) mages are...
I've been playing Noz ever since I started playing Eredan, and I came to a conclusion... They're not.
If you think about it, the game advises u that the Noz is the hardest deck to play (specifically saying "the most technical")... Actually, the Noz is just slightly harder than the rest (due to the player actually being in the need of thinking...). Wanna know why I say they're not overpowered? Ok
First of all, check the Zil/Kotoba cards that most players (at least at low-mid lvls, specifically lvl 10 or less) have...
Zil:
Extremely high atk (usually getting to 13 avg after cards)
Poor def (but sometimes they do have 2 or even 3)
0 Spirit

Kotoba:
Decent atk
High def (usually getting between 5 to 9 after cards have been played)
0 Spirit

Did you notice something?
I did.
In order to get more atk or more def, Zil/Kot players almost always go for the chars that have higher atk (zil) or higher def (kot)... Thus resulting in their chars being undefended (most cases) against magic...
Still, mages have (usually) Def: 2 and HP: 12-13... That means that u can kill them by hitting for 15...

Now, let's check at their atk:
Mages usually have Spirit 2, and 2 magic dmg cards: Fireball (1) and Lightning Bolts (1). After that, u've Flame Arrows... Almost no one has better cards than those at low lvls...
Let's see... Turn 1, using Pilkim (so he gets his order bonus) makes 4 Spirit.
Lightning Bolts (6 dmg) + Fireball (7 to 9 dmg)= 13 to 15 dmg
Yeah, seems overpowered so far, right?
Still, wrong.
Now the Noz are completely "naked". They don't have any other decent atk spell... And if they use "Than the sword" their atk gets to HAtk 12 (tops) which is usually the other guy's LAtk; and they also have better def, thus resulting in the mages being overrun after the 2nd Battle Round (from Round 4 to 6).
And that is on a good case scenario... On a bad case, the mages dont get the nice offensive spells until round 5, thus dying before actually getting to see the spells...

Now, I wanna know why does everyone say that mages are overpowered...
Witchblades are different, though, and I'm not covering them (yet).
I wanna hear some opinions on this topic, please

I forgot to mention:
Kotobas (which would seem at a disadvantage against mages) could easily use Bleeding (-2 to the opponents Spirit and -1 to his def as well)... That means that mages go down so quick they don't get the chance to play RoD (and, if they do, they still won't win)...

Also... Bleeding seems to be effective against WBs too...

Dernière modification par Erian (29-03-2011 03:50:46)

#2 29-03-2011 03:52:09

bleachman
Gardien

Re : About the mages being overpowered...

I moved the thread to the correct part of the forum.

Also, when are you going to mention top end magic spells and also mages that can easily hit 5 spirit on turn order? Or mages that can have ridiculous amounts of defense by playing only one card, which generally also can chain into any other card in their deck?

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#3 29-03-2011 03:53:05

steven_allen
Solarian

Two questions,  1. how long have you been playing, 2. what mages have you been using.

Disruptor!

#4 29-03-2011 03:57:05

Erian
Voyageur

As I said, this post is for Low-Mid lvl players only (yet).
When I get to high lvls, I'll talk about high lvls (cuz I don't like talking without knowing).

Still, I think (but haven't tested it yet) that players complain about magic mostly because they themselves only chose chars with 0 Spirit...

#5 29-03-2011 04:01:48

bleachman
Gardien

Erian a écrit :

When I get to high lvls, I'll talk about high lvls (cuz I don't like talking without knowing).

Still, I think (but haven't tested it yet) that players complain about magic mostly because they themselves only chose chars with 0 Spirit...

Depending on the resources some players have, a low and/or mid level player can have the same nasty mage deck as a top end player.

Also nobody really cares too much for the lower end levels, cause you level up so fast and hit the high end game very fast.

#6 29-03-2011 04:17:52

Erian
Voyageur

bleachman a écrit :
Erian a écrit :

Depending on the resources some players have, a low and/or mid level player can have the same nasty mage deck as a top end player.

Also nobody really cares too much for the lower end levels, cause you level up so fast and hit the high end game very fast.

Question for you: How's a mage supposed to kill "The Shadow"?
3 Spirit (most or same as most mages, with the exception of Marlok [who nukes the rest of ***bip*** team])
High atk
Good def (3)
+1 atk against Mages...

Even using RoD (twice) The Shadow's dmg should still be higher...
And that'd leave the mage with only 1 more RoD on the deck...
Again, as I said, just a perspective from the mid lvls...

#7 29-03-2011 04:34:53

bleachman
Gardien

Erian a écrit :
bleachman a écrit :
Erian a écrit :

Question for you: How's a mage supposed to kill "The Shadow"?
3 Spirit (most or same as most mages, with the exception of Marlok [who nukes the rest of ***bip*** team])
High atk
Good def (3)
+1 atk against Mages...

Even using RoD (twice) The Shadow's dmg should still be higher...
And that'd leave the mage with only 1 more RoD on the deck...
Again, as I said, just a perspective from the mid lvls...

A 5 spirit mage can deal up to 24 damage against The Shadow with two RoDs, thats a max damage of 18 dealt once you subtract the spirit score twice. You also have such nasty combos as Than the Sword + Than the Sword, giving the mage + 12 attack. Usually also enough to almost entirely nuke a The Shadow to death.

I do find it funny that you choose the probably most well defended character in the game for compairison, one which is hardly even used anymore. tongue

#8 29-03-2011 04:35:54

steven_allen
Solarian

Then you use than the sword.  Any serious mage player will have at least 3 standing spirit among all his mages, and more on orders.  The mage answer isnt as simple as "x character has high spirit."  The reason people claim mages are overpowered is because they are the most versatile character type in the game.  They have an answer to nearly every thing the game can throw at them.

Disruptor!

#9 29-03-2011 04:39:06

Cossette
Solarian

hello big_smile well as i can see we are barking on the wrong tree...

Its actually the "spells" they should be complaining not the mages
- Mage stats are  balance and carefully studied by the creator -
only the combination of spells plus (BANK ACCOUNTS) of players make the difference... in deck building tongue

P.S. Every Guild can use R.O.D. the only difference is some guild are good with it...

Dernière modification par Cossette (29-03-2011 04:42:54)

Breathless
Great things comes in small packages... A booster perhaps?
http://xat.com/englisheredan

#10 29-03-2011 04:48:53

HowDareJoo
Ptit nouveau

Seriously?

You made a broad conclusion based on the stipulation that all Noz Mage decks are not over powered. I agree, however, you are only interested in discussing theory based on the lowest end versions of the deck in question? I cannot see how that is constructive.

By your argument, a rusty pair of scissors that fails to cut paper most certainly proves and asserts that scissors don't cut paper very well... which is ludicrous. I can only conclude two realities then. You have never seen a sharp pair of scissors and you have never seen a proper Noz Mage deck.

#11 29-03-2011 05:13:48

Cossette
Solarian

My Pirates have been bombarded with all the spells exist with my low Spirits its do or die for me... and i do met all versions of them.

but different guild got different battle style we do ports and quick item attachments. you can't blame a single guild who can manipulate spell... there are "discards" for Zil and "Tough Nuts" Kots but no ones complaining....

OK! maybe the discards but its mostly Zil exclusive and kot equipments are for kots only...

unlike Noz spell some can be use by other guilds.... "specially courtesans" and the new tsoutai as well... few more mages in their ranks and they maybe the new witchblades someday....

my point is smile  its not really the mage but the spells "if they can't use the spells" and noz mages are a useless...

Dernière modification par Cossette (31-03-2011 02:22:01)

Breathless

#12 29-03-2011 05:17:39

bleachman
Gardien

Cossette a écrit :

My Pirates have been bombarded with all the spells exist with my low Spirits its do or die for me... and i do met all versions of them.

but different guild got different  style battle we do ports and quick item attachments. you can't blame a single guild who can manipulate spell... there are "discards" for Zil and "Tough Nuts" Kots but no ones complaining....

OK! maybe the discards but its mostly Zil exculsive and kot equipments are for kots only...

unlike Noz spell some can be use by other guilds.... "specially courtesans"

my point is smile  its not really the mage but the spells "if they can't use the spells" and noz mages are a useless...

Ever heard of the guild MSNBATCOCAS? tongue

I personally do not believe mages or spells are overpowered, I regard everything else underpowered.

#13 29-03-2011 05:24:54

steven_allen
Solarian

Never heard of it.  Please, go on.

Disruptor!

#14 29-03-2011 05:33:12

Cossette
Solarian

Ever heard of the guild MSNBATCOCAS?

I personally do not believe mages or spells are overpowered, I regard everything else underpowered.

see your treads... enlighten us with your guild please....

i agree with the mage part.... smile
but for me...ummm!!!  about the spells maybe...
if you can't afford them your one spell too short... that's my prospective... tongue

Dernière modification par Cossette (29-03-2011 12:10:55)

Breathless

#15 29-03-2011 05:58:44

Ryken
stupid donkey
Lieu : A room with a moose.

HowDareJoo a écrit :

By your argument, a rusty pair of scissors that fails to cut paper most certainly proves and asserts that scissors don't cut paper very well... which is ludicrous. I can only conclude two realities then. You have never seen a sharp pair of scissors and you have never seen a proper Noz Mage deck.

*applause* Really, I love this kind of response. Well thought out with a great analogy.

#16 29-03-2011 06:03:17

bleachman
Gardien

Cossette a écrit :

Ever heard of the guild MSNBATCOCAS?

see your treads... enlighten use with your guild please....

i agree with the mage part.... smile
but for me...ummm!!!  about the spells maybe...
if you can't afford them your one spell too short... that's my prospective... tongue

Our guild MSNBATCOCAS has a very unique and most epic name. It basically compiles a shared view on one of the aspects of the game that being: Mages Should Not Be Able To Chain Other Cards After Spells.

Odd is that we had that thought over half a year ago... and it remains as is today still. lol

#17 29-03-2011 06:16:18

Cossette
Solarian

Mages Should Not Be Able To Chain Other Cards After Spells.

well if this will be implemented by ferik it will be doom for mages...
and all the blame hmm will be pass to witchblades sad poor witches...
why not put the chainables on spells instead not the mage.

P.S. Bleachman smile are we going out of topic? i cant see any strategies only complains... i just wanna see how to counter them not repeatedly reminding me how strong they already are...

Dernière modification par Cossette (29-03-2011 06:22:28)

Breathless

#18 30-03-2011 22:01:58

Erian
Voyageur

I chose "The Shadow" because you said that Noz are OP, so I'm also choosing "the best" from the other guilds (that's fair, I think, if u're implying that EVERY single Noz deck has 3 RoD, and that EVERY mage has 5 spirit  to begin with (which I know only with Marlok + Prophet; at least on turn 1).
Highest spirit mages are... Prophet, Marlok & Aerouant... Right?
3/4/3
And the 2nd one applies a -1 Sp penalty to ***bip*** other chars... Not so good a deal if u think abt it.

Also... You are actually counting on the player having ALWAYS the cards that he needs, right?
Cuz in Turn 1... Well, u might receive, for example, 3 Arcanium & 2 'A New Start'... Leaving u practically defense -and use- less... A Marauder or Warrior can still do some damage without playing ANY cards... Specially to a mage (which would, btw, deal probably 0-1 dmg).

Than the sword + Than the sword... +6 per card=12 atk, 2 cards used, using Marlok as in the previous example, u'll have 15-17 dmg, and def 1
The Shadow could always play "Diversion" + "Assassination"... Leaving Marlok with Sp 0, Def 1 and Atk 3/5
While She'd have Sp 3, Def 3 and Atk 11-12/14-15... Killing Marlok on a good hit (same example as u saying that both RoDs would get Max Dmg, right?)

Btw, if RoD is SOOOOOOOOOOO common and SOOOOOO OP, why don't u all use Fierce Lions + Bleeding?
Just thinking a bit would help you a lot...

Yeah, but I said "low-mid lvl PLAYERS" not DECKS.

Some other player's words...

magius a écrit :
Ryken a écrit :

Well, I've always wondered why they haven't made certain cards Limited, like you can only have 2, like Unique is only 1. That way you can limit the amount of cards that make certain decks OP, like RoD in Witchblades.

It's just off the top of my head but I'm sure it could help in SOME way. hmm

Rain of Death is powerful... I cannot disagree that. But without Rain of Death, what happen to the mages? Compared to a Fireball (X+3 to X+5), Rain of Death is only (X+3 to X+7), additional 2 high damage. It is expensive for a reason.

What other spells that a mage can have? Lightning Bolt? Static Charge? This will spell the demise of ALL mage decks against decks with HIGH PHYSICAL DAMAGE like Kotoba or Zil Warriors Abomination. I don't see anyone complains about that.

The only thing to blame is that the decks against mages or any mage-based decks  that are crying "OP! OP! OP!" are the decks with LOW Spirit. DEAL WITH IT! Boost your Spirit or what not. Try something new for crying out loud.

P.S. I have experimented with a Crow/Tsoutai deck and I have defeated decent Witchblade decks whilst levelling it. So it is possible and its about time people stop complaining and try other things.

Btw...

Let's see...
Btw, u didn't make ANY constructive comments at all, u only 'attacked' me with ***bip*** comment.
Anyway...

What I'm saying is that mages aren't that powerful. They're certainly powerful, but not so OP as many said. Most ppl complaining seem to 'think' that mages shouldn't use spells... Don't know why... Then what r they supossed to do? Die in the corner?
Mages NEED to use spells. Without having the best spells, mages can't even face other decks. Having a mage means that u have to use spells, otherwise the char slot is being wasted. Mages don't hit physically, and just because most players seem to complain abt magic dmg instead of changing their deck a bit (as if a mage doesn't balance his/her deck to face everything). Also, they use the 'best' at fighting, chars that get Sp= 0 in order to have 1 or 2 extra points in Atk/Def; thus resulting in them getting overkilled by mages...
Also, I've seen LOTS of players that, literally, suck at playing... but still complain.
At low lvls, I've seen many players use "That's an order!" to give ME my order bonus. Yeah, u read it well (I hope). Even when they already have the bonus and I don't, I've seen them giving the bonus to me many times (even won 1 time cuz of that) and, sometimes, giving the bonus to both chars, thus resulting in one of my chars getting +1 to Atk/Def and his resulting in +1 Atk... In the End, giving me +1 to Atk for free...

#19 30-03-2011 22:09:55

GGuti
Habitant de Guem

Erian a écrit :

I chose "The Shadow" because you said that Noz are OP, so I'm also choosing "the best" from the other guilds (that's fair, I think, if u're implying that EVERY single Noz deck has 3 RoD, and that EVERY mage has 5 spirit  to begin with (which I know only with Marlok + Prophet; at least on turn 1).
3/4/3
And the 2nd one applies a -1 Sp penalty to ***bip*** other chars... Not so good a deal if u think abt it.

Also... You are actually counting on the player having ALWAYS the cards that he needs, right?
Cuz in Turn 1... Well, u might receive, for example, 3 Arcanium & 2 'A New Start'... Leaving u practically defense -and use- less... A Marauder or Warrior can still do some damage without playing ANY cards... Specially to a mage (which would, btw, deal probably 0-1 dmg).

Than the sword + Than the sword... +6 per card=12 atk, 2 cards used, using Marlok as in the previous example, u'll have 15-17 dmg, and def 1
The Shadow could always play "Diversion" + "Assassination"... Leaving Marlok with Sp 0, Def 1 and Atk 3/5
While She'd have Sp 3, Def 3 and Atk 11-12/14-15... Killing Marlok on a good hit (same example as u saying that both RoDs would get Max Dmg, right?)

Btw, if RoD is SOOOOOOOOOOO common and SOOOOOO OP, why don't u all use Fierce Lions + Bleeding?

magius a écrit :
Ryken a écrit :

Well, I've always wondered why they haven't made certain cards Limited, like you can only have 2, like Unique is only 1. That way you can limit the amount of cards that make certain decks OP, like RoD in Witchblades.

It's just off the top of my head but I'm sure it could help in SOME way. hmm

Rain of Death is powerful... I cannot disagree that. But without Rain of Death, what happen to the mages? Compared to a Fireball (X+3 to X+5), Rain of Death is only (X+3 to X+7), additional 2 high damage. It is expensive for a reason.

What other spells that a mage can have? Lightning Bolt? Static Charge? This will spell the demise of ALL mage decks against decks with HIGH PHYSICAL DAMAGE like Kotoba or Zil Warriors Abomination. I don't see anyone complains about that.

The only thing to blame is that the decks against mages or any mage-based decks  that are crying "OP! OP! OP!" are the decks with LOW Spirit. DEAL WITH IT! Boost your Spirit or what not. Try something new for crying out loud.

P.S. I have experimented with a Crow/Tsoutai deck and I have defeated decent Witchblade decks whilst levelling it. So it is possible and its about time people stop complaining and try other things.

Btw...

Let's see...
Btw, u didn't make ANY constructive comments at all, u only 'attacked' me with ***bip*** comment.
Anyway...

What I'm saying is that mages aren't that powerful. They're certainly powerful, but not so OP as many said. Most ppl complaining seem to 'think' that mages shouldn't use spells... Don't know why... Then what r they supossed to do? Die in the corner?
Mages NEED to use spells. Without having the best spells, mages can't even face other decks. Having a mage means that u have to use spells, otherwise the char slot is being wasted. Mages don't hit physically, and just because most players seem to complain abt magic dmg instead of changing their deck a bit (as if a mage doesn't balance his/her deck to face everything). Also, they use the 'best' at fighting, chars that get Sp= 0 in order to have 1 or 2 extra points in Atk/Def; thus resulting in them getting overkilled by mages...
Also, I've seen LOTS of players that, literally, suck at playing... but still complain.
At low lvls, I've seen many players use "That's an order!" to give ME my order bonus. Yeah, u read it well (I hope). Even when they already have the bonus and I don't, I've seen them giving the bonus to me many times (even won 1 time cuz of that) and, sometimes, giving the bonus to both chars, thus resulting in one of my chars getting +1 to Atk/Def and his resulting in +1 Atk... In the End, giving me +1 to Atk for free...

The only thing i can say from all that is.. A new start is unique, you can't draw x2 tongue
ON: Mages are not OP, they are one of the most expensive decks, if not the most, you need like 1kk crystals to make it.
Their usage has dropped a lot lately, cuz of Mills, and if Noz are not completed, they suck

Remember that the base of the deck is x3 RoD and x3 Last Word + Prophet which is like 400k+.
If not using Prophet the replacement is Ishaia, which would make 600k+.
Plus, the reason mages are devastating and high end is the combo Last Word + Void + LB lvl 3, which costs.... a lot big_smile

Dernière modification par GGuti (30-03-2011 22:13:44)

#20 01-04-2011 21:52:44

misterM
Ptit nouveau

GGuti a écrit :

ON: Mages are not OP, they are one of the most expensive decks, if not the most, you need like 1kk crystals to make it.

IMO, this kind of argument is invalid. They're expensive because they are VERY POWERFUL, which people often says OP, and so that lot of people want them.

Actually, pricing problem has no real correlation with the OP since we're comparing the power of cards and their synergy, not power per money spend.

Erian a écrit :

Versatility.
ROD is versatile because it can be used against any kind of opponents. (Simply it chains everything, and mage spirit should be higher than normal opponents, or at least in par with other mage)
Fierce Lions + Bleeding not. There are some restriction to use it namely chaining combination, random deck hand, and opponents you are facing against.

#21 03-04-2011 16:49:39

Erian
Voyageur

misterM a écrit :
GGuti a écrit :

IMO, this kind of argument is invalid. They're expensive because they are VERY POWERFUL, which people often says OP, and so that lot of people want them.

Actually, pricing problem has no real correlation with the OP since we're comparing the power of cards and their synergy, not power per money spend.

Erian a écrit :

Versatility.
ROD is versatile because it can be used against any kind of opponents. (Simply it chains everything, and mage spirit should be higher than normal opponents, or at least in par with other mage)
Fierce Lions + Bleeding not. There are some restriction to use it namely chaining combination, random deck hand, and opponents you are facing against.

Well... IIRC almost everyone was saying that they only encounter Noz Mages and WB decks, so they, even if not so versatile, should be used anyway, right?

#22 03-04-2011 16:51:52

Erian
Voyageur

GGuti a écrit :
Erian a écrit :

3/4/3

magius a écrit :

Btw...

Let's see...
Anyway...

The only thing i can say from all that is.. A new start is unique, you can't draw x2 tongue
Their usage has dropped a lot lately, cuz of Mills, and if Noz are not completed, they suck

Remember that the base of the deck is x3 RoD and x3 Last Word + Prophet which is like 400k+.
Plus, the reason mages are devastating and high end is the combo Last Word + Void + LB lvl 3, which costs.... a lot big_smile

Sorry, u were right abt "A New Start", never checked the card (cuz it's outta my crystals anyway =P)

#23 03-04-2011 20:41:04

GGuti
Habitant de Guem

Erian a écrit :
GGuti a écrit :
Erian a écrit :

3/4/3

Btw...

Let's see...
Anyway...

Sorry, u were right abt "A New Start", never checked the card (cuz it's outta my crystals anyway =P)

I'm actually wrong, they removed the Unique on ANS, or it was never unique

Dernière modification par GGuti (03-04-2011 20:44:02)

#24 04-04-2011 06:57:21

misterM
Ptit nouveau

Erian a écrit :

Well... IIRC almost everyone was saying that they only encounter Noz Mages and WB decks, so they, even if not so versatile, should be used anyway, right?

Well who says? It means that you are only reading other people experience and not experience it yourself. Don't assume something generally when u were pushed.

#25 31-05-2011 16:44:29

fingreen
Voyageur

1st spell always chains...

2nd most powerful status modifier card for non mages/priest is 5 and most of them are 3. spell can easily top that

3rd character ability. most warriors are "item chain" marader is "+attack against" priest is "bonus status for allie" mage is "all kind of stuff"

Pied de page des forums