Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#26 03-01-2011 17:02:57

Vasillisque
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Colombia
Site Web

Re : Is the Assassination overpowered?

Okugi a écrit :
Melisandra a écrit :

How many times we are killed at the first turn by the chain [card]Abomination[/card] + [card]Time to die[/card] + [card]Assassination[/card] or even [card]Assassination[/card] + [card]fist dagger[/card]

Poptolev a écrit :

Power creep syndrome ... soon we'll win/lose the battle before it's even started (or in a better case - in turn 1)

Yes, abomination  is grossly powerful like that, coupled with a decent defense and health.  Yes, he can put up large numbers off the bat.   But know what?  First time against him, you simply play defensive, he may drop you to 1-2 health, but you have a chance to turn it around and kill him off next round.

AND abomination is extremely worked for, three fusions and a gazillion exp points are due to be rewarded with a good character, sorry but that's just how it is..compare that to armada who gets all those atk points in the first round being a NOT that worked for character and you'll see abomination is not that big a deal,

The blank vast gaze which grins lay thin..
There's a higher sight to blindness kin.. [MSN].

#27 03-01-2011 17:13:04

Poptolev
Guémélite

Vasillisque a écrit :

AND abomination is extremely worked for, three fusions and a gazillion exp points are due to be rewarded with a good character, sorry but that's just how it is..compare that to armada who gets all those atk points in the first round being a NOT that worked for character and you'll see abomination is not that big a deal,

IF the game wasn't bugged as hell I could just write a bot to play and lose for me ... having lost 100% after the 5th round. Lets say that I sleep 8 hours and 1 match is 5 minutes long. That's 12 matches per hour or 96 matches while I sleep. 96*6=576. While the number isn't great I can sit a couple of hours and make it a fairly intelligent bot so it will win 1 out of 3 times. That'd be 768 exp WHILE I SLEEP. Now imagine this with a virtual PC ... 24 hours long. 2304 xp per day. Without even playing.

In other words "extremely worked for" is ... something abstract, considering that you can play with a friend and leave after the 2nd round. The next match he leaves. The reputation wont be harmed and a duel will last ... how much ... 2 minutes at max ? Thats 270 exp per hour and I can hardly call it work. ... and for the record imagine that I make a 2nd copy of the bot for my friend ... and we synchronize them .. 270 exp per hour without even playing.

You can't be sure about how much work is actually put behind those high level characters.

btw I am not sure if botting is against the rules ... I couldn't find them lol

Dernière modification par Poptolev (03-01-2011 17:25:12)

"Of course they don't want that (adding more crystals to the game) to happen, because then the outrageous card prices would drop"

So MUCH stupidity in one sentence xD

#28 03-01-2011 17:33:07

Rathedan
Nehantiste
Lieu : St. George, NB, Canada

btw I am not sure if botting is against the rules ... I couldn't find them

Definitely against the rules.

If there were no luck in TCG, how boring would that be?
-Lonak

#29 03-01-2011 17:42:24

Vasillisque
Habitant de Guem
Site Web

well.. "extremely worked for" for those who, you know..play the game, not bot it..

Dernière modification par Vasillisque (03-01-2011 17:43:44)

#30 03-01-2011 20:24:37

Poptolev
Guémélite

Vasillisque a écrit :

well.. "extremely worked for" for those who, you know..play the game, not bot it..

In almost every game "playing it" comes at the last stages of the game and you grind before you're able to play.

"Of course they don't want that (adding more crystals to the game) to happen, because then the outrageous card prices would drop"

So MUCH stupidity in one sentence xD

#31 03-01-2011 21:34:27

Papa_Frita
Habitant de Guem

Mike_Magnus a écrit :

In which case, the complaint should be that telendar is the OP card, not assassination

Telendar can chain marauder cards because he is too weak.. 2 def and 11 life makes it very vulnerable in the first 3 turns.. and if he dies, you loose the +1 atk in your other marauds.. So Telendar it's OK.

#32 04-01-2011 02:44:23

skinnyeddie
Habitant de Guem

Poptolev a écrit :
Vasillisque a écrit :

In almost every game "playing it" comes at the last stages of the game and you grind before you're able to play.

I guess this game is one of the reasons why you used "almost." I think the level rooms allow people to enjoy the game because they go up against players who are around their level. I've only seen a few people whose cards are "not proportional" to their level (meaning they spent a lot of money).

I only feel the grind in this game when I'm working for a trophy... but other than that, it's cool. Even the decks I play in the training rooms win sometimes. Maybe because other players also make "just-okay" decks to level their characters.

#33 04-01-2011 05:47:22

bleachman
Gardien

[card]Tadaa, you're a bunny![/card], [card]Fallback[/card] and [card]Obesity[/card] are the three first cards that pop into my mind that can literally assassinate [card]Assassination[/card]. Going alone by these three cards, that are usable in ANY DECK and are good against MANY DECKS, judging alone by the fact that they cover a lot of ground, in which [card]Assassination[/card] also lies, the card you are talking about is not overpowered. The answer is no.

If you are playing a Noz mage deck and are having trouble against top tier and really hard to get zil decks ([card]Abomination[/card] takes freaking forever to get, its not like every Tom, Dick and Harry has the card...), then you might want to consider changing your strategy a bit more. Its the player who has to find away around obstacles, not Feerik's place to make it easier for every player who just does not like competition.

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#34 04-01-2011 08:49:18

Vasillisque
Habitant de Guem
Site Web

that's a good point,
there are brilliant cards and there are useless cards, all thrown in there by feerik so we can dust off our brains and foresee which we should use in which scenarios..that's OUR part of the deal. one cannot win everytime, no matter how well prepared you are, i've kicked in the ass more abominations than i can remember and still be defeated time and time again by much less impressive characters..
STRATEGY AND GOOD CARDS!

#35 04-01-2011 11:47:27

goscar
Guémélite

bleachman a écrit :

If you are playing a Noz mage deck and are having trouble against top tier and really hard to get zil decks ([card]Abomination[/card] takes freaking forever to get, its not like every Tom, Dick and Harry has the card...), then you might want to consider changing your strategy a bit more. Its the player who has to find away around obstacles, not Feerik's place to make it easier for every player who just does not like competition.

What Noz mage having trouble against Abom? What Blasphemy is that? Just go Pilkim, Prophet, Zahal then if you get first strike Pilkim vs Abom then [card]Illusory Reflection[/card] + [card]Magic Attack[/card] (or just double up on Illusory Reflection) and let him use [card]Time to Die[/card] + [card]Assassination[/card]. Twas funny to see me smack abom for 6 damage while he only did 5. Being Bauss is fun! cool

..... well it was only the 5th evo not final..... still funny to me

Dragon Knights ftw big_smile

#36 04-01-2011 17:52:14

para
Habitant de Guem

goscar a écrit :
bleachman a écrit :

What Noz mage having trouble against Abom? What Blasphemy is that? Just go Pilkim, Prophet, Zahal then if you get first strike Pilkim vs Abom then [card]Illusory Reflection[/card] + [card]Magic Attack[/card] (or just double up on Illusory Reflection) and let him use [card]Time to Die[/card] + [card]Assassination[/card]. Twas funny to see me smack abom for 6 damage while he only did 5. Being Bauss is fun! cool

..... well it was only the 5th evo not final..... still funny to me

or one obesity would cancel both cards tongue as i have done smile

#37 04-01-2011 18:22:16

Mike_Magnus
Campeur

I love going up against top zil decks with a priest deck.  Spiritual Duel Anyone?

#38 04-01-2011 22:50:13

goscar
Guémélite

para a écrit :

Yeah but which one makes for a cooler story.... tongue

Dragon Knights ftw big_smile

#39 05-01-2011 14:47:00

Khardan
Voyageur

Mike_Magnus a écrit :

In which case, the complaint should be that telendar is the OP card, not assassination

Agreed, Assassination is only op in Zil's hands. They have the attack to kill a lot of characters 1. turn. All you need is luck. Shame I seem to have only rotten luck in most of my games.

But lets face it, no deck will ever be the superior one, each deck has a weak spot. A lot of the times it depends what you got in your boosters too. I spent quite a bit of money but never got any legendary or kick ass card.

#40 05-01-2011 19:25:25

para
Habitant de Guem

goscar a écrit :
para a écrit :

Yeah but which one makes for a cooler story.... tongue

not sure but whats even better is when you obesity their a new start

#41 06-01-2011 02:31:16

Warhound90
Habitant de Guem

This thread reminds me of the similar discussion surrounding IHAS when it first came out. Cards are only "OP" in the right hands, there are always ways to cancel out or get around Assassination.

Dernière modification par Warhound90 (06-01-2011 02:31:44)

#42 06-01-2011 04:17:52

bleachman
Gardien

Warhound90 a écrit :

This thread reminds me of the similar discussion surrounding IHAS when it first came out. Cards are only "OP" in the right hands, there are always ways to cancel out or get around Assassination.

This ^

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

Pied de page des forums