Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#26 15-12-2010 13:55:20

Anihilate
Solarian

Re : Unbelievable (Complain topic)

kornholio a écrit :

I tried playing from a computer with a lousy connection (Not ELO matches, nor tournaments) and yes, I kept losing from "Sorry, you have took too much time to decide"....

I tried playing at home, with my beloved netbook, with a semi decent conection. No problem.

Recently, I lost two days trying to start a SINGLE match, thanks to the "Sorry, the game couldn't launch" error. I have read the forum (not the french one) and thanks to that error maybe I can't get the trophy card of this week.

I do spend money on this game. I do it because I like all this. No one is putting a gun in my head and says "Dude, buy Fee'z!!! NOW! Feerik WILL send you a naked Kimiko original draft to Buenos Aires to thank you"...

See my point here? In the opening post, I have read complains without common sense. You got hosed in tournaments for timeouts? Go to a place with better connection. You can't? Spend less money buying Fee'z and pay a better connection. Still you can't finish a single game? Well, make a polite complain, not the "Do what I say or I jump!!!" kind.

Yes, the idea of multiple servers it's quite nifty. The calculation of Feerik's annual earning it's quite "realistic". But maybe the problem here it's something less... dramatic.

If I'm not happy with a service, either I change my provider (another game) or spend less, or quit.

And sorry. I tend to say "spend" but really is "paying for fun"...

PS: Sorry for the bad grammar. And XenoZangotta, nice Bender paraphrase there wink

I've a grade A connection and average single and double digit ping with low jitter on any client based game I've ever played. It isn't some people's connection speed, so for folks like me, cool story bro.

I'm compiling screenies of people that I time out against. Why?
Because this game is lobby based and the speed of gameplat is based on the reaction speed of both players in a single room. If my connection is 20-50 ping with less than 5 jitter, people with similar connection speeds should have fairly low delay. But if I have 20-50 ping and 5 jitter and my opponent has 300 ping with a 50 jitter, my actions won't register within the room until it registers on their side of the connection.

Meaning some of these time outs are from other players not receiving the information due to their gimp connection, thus the server not processing the action going through, and player's like myself timing out because of that.

Example in game:
When it's time to play cards during battle, I already know my plays immediately and play them immediately as such. My opponent plays his cards but the server can't load his data, it times out, resulting in either a victory or a draw.

I get initiative and select the first two characters, the server can't relay that message to his client, so the timer keeps running until they get that message because the character selection isn't confirmed until it registers with both player's clients. Since the message doesn't get to their client, I time out and lose because it was solely my action and it couldn't load.

This is a problem I've encountered in almost every mmo game I've played, the main source of the lagger's are from south east asia, as it stands, their connections are less than usable.

I'm taking a break from eredan after I get at least 10 screenies of this time out.

IGN: Shrei VonWeisheit
Mercenaries and trophies are underrated.
PS: I'm insane big_smile

#27 15-12-2010 13:59:36

XenoZangotta
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Pennsylvania, USA
Site Web

bleachman a écrit :

(Side note: aren't flash games always laggy and semi hard to manage? I have played quite a few more intense ones and remember there always being a certain amount of lag/difficulties with servers over time. I cannot really comment on that issue as I have not goddamn idea how programing and developing flash games work. Maybe somebody could enlighten me, us?)

The reason why flash games are so laggy is because they're running out of your connection from another program.  That, and Flash was not originally intended to be used for internet games, so its system for such is terrible.  That's why most really big flash games also make a client program that allows you to play the same game, but not through flash, but through a regular program.  This of course reduces lag and the internet connection issues that follow.

I'd use DDTank as an example, but I can't find their client at the moment.  However, there are some issues on the Flash version such as:
Laggy Keyboard, (which in that game, holding and releasing the spacebar is to fire, and sometimes it doesn't realise you let go.  Or, you walk too far and fall off an edge... game over.)
Time Outs
Lost connections during shop transitions for weird reasons.
All these issues get fixed when running their client program which uses a regular programming language and gets deticated memory usage from the computer.

Hope the example helped.

Somewhere between happiness and dreading the Apocalypse.
See where your character cards stand against the full list.

#28 15-12-2010 14:12:54

apoth
Habitant de Guem

XenoZangotta a écrit :
Breezy414 a écrit :

Or B: Someone on the staff has a coke problem that needs assistance.

Didn't we say we wouldn't mention him?

Anyway, I'll do the silly thing and mention myself for an example.  I am a simple desk employee.  This means it's my job to sit at the computer and write up things.  Not a programmer, so not quite as well paid as those that do such things.  I get paid about $500 a week.  Now, a good programmer can make $750, and IT people, (not entirely sure why,) can make double what I do.  When you have a business that includes computers, you'll need at least one IT for every ten or so systems you're running with.

This being the low end of employment in an office, I'll let you keep having fun with the math.  tongue

Almost forgot: They have to hire translators, which can be very costly, since they are producing it in 4 languages.  Then of course four times the other employees.

Whoa buddy do you know it is highly unprofessional to let everyone know what Feerik is paying you?

And translators do not sit at a desk transcribing every word by hand. They press a button in a translating program.

#29 15-12-2010 14:25:56

XenoZangotta
Habitant de Guem
Site Web

apoth a écrit :

Whoa buddy do you know it is highly unprofessional to let everyone know what Feerik is paying you?

Now, if you were reading, you'd know that I were not working for Feerik.

As for translators, I'm sure you know how poor the translation programs really are.  Someone needs to cross the gramatical gap of languages manually.

#30 15-12-2010 15:13:19

bleachman
Gardien

Epic

(@ Xeno: So basically they could resolve the issues at hand by creating their own game client? Its a shame they are bound by facebook. sad ... Maybe they will find a way sometime? Also get your butt in our English chat group. You seem a cool guy. tongue )

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#31 15-12-2010 15:22:30

XenoZangotta
Habitant de Guem
Site Web

bleachman a écrit :

Maybe they will find a way sometime? Also get your butt in our English chat group. You seem a cool guy.

Technically not bound, since people can join without being on FB.  Previous example game DDTank also is connected to FB.  A client can still send info to them, but I'm not sure how, (as I am no programmer.)

Thank, but unfortunately since I play all this from the office, I can't enter chats or blogs.  Almost always blocked, (and I have tried to enter yours already. tongue)  I might show up when I'm at home sometime though.

Side Note: I've been playing without issue.  Maybe something is actually wrong with the Tourny, not the server?

Dernière modification par XenoZangotta (15-12-2010 15:23:04)

Pied de page des forums