Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 14-12-2010 20:09:26

Squarta
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Italy

Unbelievable (Complain topic)

I've joined a tournament (the one after maintanance of today).I have lost six games in a row without playing ANY card.In every games I have experienced the loss by time out.
Results?
-I can't play neither tournament nor elo matches because i've got a low fairplay score (yeah,it seems that losing by time out when you can't play any card is considered as an unfair behaviour)
-I have lost a lot of Elo points due these stupid games
-Lost my time
-Lost 500 crystals
So my question is:why?Why do i have to pay for a game that doesnt seem to improve its tools to make players more satisfied in playing it?
Then,my decision is not to pay anymore for this game until I will see a real technical improvement.I have spent a lot of money in this game and I pretend to have the right to complain with things when they don't work.
The bigger problem is that we,players, don't receive any information by devs or people near to them (I don't want to point anyone) about the state of the game.Just some random maintenances (to fix what?) in the middle of tournaments.
This can't go on in this way.Please make something or else I will quit and I will hope not to be alone.

#2 14-12-2010 20:24:28

XenoZangotta
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Pennsylvania, USA
Site Web

Re : Unbelievable (Complain topic)

Ah, yes, then you and the others can go and make your own iTCG with beer, and hookers.  (Or forget the iTCG and beer.)

Just kidding, I understand your pain, but this happens to most games at some point or another.  Just look at League of Legends for example.  They have paying and non-paying players, and at one point, for about a month, they had a lot of issues with over-loading, etc.  Mostly due to giving the courtesy to some players and allowing them to play without paying on a regular basis.

Then you can take an example from games like... pfff... Champions Online.  Let's go with that one.  You pay per month to play it.  They maintain the servers without issue.  Everyone who plays is happy, aside from that small amount that comes out each month.

NOW, let's take into perspective the pie chart.  See, out of 100% of the player basis, I bet 30% or less have spent money on Fee'z.  I bet less than 10% spend money reguarly.

This means that it takes time to get the money to solve issues like this one.  As for your rank?  It's a game.  What they should do is just offer forgiveness for timeouts on turns before the 3rd for now.

Somewhere between happiness and dreading the Apocalypse.
See where your character cards stand against the full list.

#3 14-12-2010 20:44:52

Squarta
Habitant de Guem

XenoZangotta a écrit :

Ah, yes, then you and the others can go and make your own iTCG with beer, and hookers.  (Or forget the iTCG and beer.)
Just kidding, I understand your pain, but this happens to most games at some point or another.

I understand your joke but it would work if i had complained about concepts of the game (Fireball is OP!NERF Fog Snake omgomg is really imbaaaa).
This is not the case smile

XenoZangotta a écrit :

Just look at League of Legends for example.  They have paying and non-paying players, and at one point, for about a month, they had a lot of issues with over-loading, etc.  Mostly due to giving the courtesy to some players and allowing them to play without paying on a regular basis.

Then you can take an example from games like... pfff... Champions Online.  Let's go with that one.  You pay per month to play it.  They maintain the servers without issue.  Everyone who plays is happy, aside from that small amount that comes out each month.

NOW, let's take into perspective the pie chart.  See, out of 100% of the player basis, I bet 30% or less have spent money on Fee'z.  I bet less than 10% spend money reguarly.

This means that it takes time to get the money to solve issues like this one.  As for your rank?  It's a game.  What they should do is just offer forgiveness for timeouts on turns before the 3rd for now.

Yeah,I know a little bit how things work in this kind of games,maints is the recurring nightmare of all (addicted and not) players.
The problem is that in a month I haven't seen a single improvement on the technical side (and so other fellows who play with me).And the game is growing,community is big day after day and it's natural that technical resources require an upgrade.
Yeah,it's very nice to see a weekly exit without pauses but I think it isn't enough.And,again,i'm not complaining about gameplay concepts,but about the fact that i can't play.This is awfully boring,i tell you.

#4 14-12-2010 20:46:13

Breezy414
Habitant de Guem

Based on your numbers (I'll just round it to an even 500,000 registered users just for this)

30% of the population = 150,000 people.

If those people have bought at least one pack of 12 *I'll use Dollars as the currency* they have earned : $1,500,000.  Seems to be enough to upgrade servers.

10% of the population = 50,000 people.

If those people have bought at least one pack of 12 *I'll use Dollars as the currency* they have earned : $500,000.  Seems to be enough to upgrade servers.

.: I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar :.

#5 14-12-2010 20:49:18

XenoZangotta
Habitant de Guem
Site Web

Breezy414 a écrit :

Based on your numbers (I'll just round it to an even 500,000 registered users just for this)

30% of the population = 150,000 people.

If those people have bought at least one pack of 12 *I'll use Dollars as the currency* they have earned : $1,500,000.  Seems to be enough to upgrade servers.

10% of the population = 50,000 people.

If those people have bought at least one pack of 12 *I'll use Dollars as the currency* they have earned : $500,000.  Seems to be enough to upgrade servers.

Do you really think it's that many people?  Oh my, then my percentages are way off.  I can't see 150,000 people out of 500,000 actually paying.

Though, admittably, they do have to run seperate servers for each language, pay employees and artists, etc.  They might have over-priced their workers, (who knows,) but by the looks of things they have a large, and rather active staff.

#6 14-12-2010 20:51:08

XenoZangotta
Habitant de Guem
Site Web

Squarta a écrit :

Yeah,it's very nice to see a weekly exit without pauses but I think it isn't enough.And,again,i'm not complaining about gameplay concepts,but about the fact that i can't play.This is awfully boring,i tell you.

Exactly why I've gone and started playing LoL for a while.  (Plus why my updates on my character spreadsheets have slowed down.)  The game is repetitive and the server is getting annoying.  I'm sure it'll work at some point, so I'm waiting it out until then.  Game's not going anywhere, and I can buy trophies later.

Dernière modification par XenoZangotta (14-12-2010 20:51:40)

#7 14-12-2010 20:56:39

Breezy414
Habitant de Guem

As I wrote that reply, I lagged out again.  Picked characters and was told I took too long.

Anywho:  Looking at the amount of people who have "Liked" this game, I would assume at the very least that many people play it.  On top of that, even if they only have 50,000 people as frequent buyers, you can at the very least triple the $500,000 to making it back to $1,500,000 earned.

Granted, some countries don't even have a payment method, the others make up for what is missing.  If they only make $1,000 a day (10 people buying 1 pack) that's still $30,000 for a 30 day month.  Which equates to $365,000 a year and that is on the very loose end of the spectrum since more than 10 people buy a pack a day.

If they made $10,000 a day (100 people buying 1 pack) that's $300,000 for a 30 day month.  Which equates to $3,650,000 a year.  Now understand, running a business and paying people to help is not my forte, but if you make $3,600,000 a year on a good year and have yet to upgrade your systems to prevent all this nonsense from going on.. either A: Someone has no idea what they are doing and need to be axed.  Or B: Someone on the staff has a coke problem that needs assistance.

Best Regards.

#8 14-12-2010 21:01:48

XenoZangotta
Habitant de Guem
Site Web

Breezy414 a écrit :

Or B: Someone on the staff has a coke problem that needs assistance.

Didn't we say we wouldn't mention him?

Anyway, I'll do the silly thing and mention myself for an example.  I am a simple desk employee.  This means it's my job to sit at the computer and write up things.  Not a programmer, so not quite as well paid as those that do such things.  I get paid about $500 a week.  Now, a good programmer can make $750, and IT people, (not entirely sure why,) can make double what I do.  When you have a business that includes computers, you'll need at least one IT for every ten or so systems you're running with.

This being the low end of employment in an office, I'll let you keep having fun with the math.  tongue

Almost forgot: They have to hire translators, which can be very costly, since they are producing it in 4 languages.  Then of course four times the other employees.

Dernière modification par XenoZangotta (14-12-2010 21:04:53)

#9 14-12-2010 21:15:34

Breezy414
Habitant de Guem

SORRY TO WHOEVER I UPSET!!!!!

My last 5 games ended on me running out the timer regardless of selecting characters or items.  Please oh please forgive me for my comments.

**EDIT**
As I typed that, another time out due to the bar going down.  So now 6.

Dernière modification par Breezy414 (14-12-2010 21:16:47)

#10 14-12-2010 21:19:28

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

Erm...

I just felt like pointing out a few things:

1. They could have hired an artist to do the entire fallen from sky collection in one go. You shouldn't assume he is being paid monthly.

2. You also can't assume they need to run different servers just for different languages. I highly doubt they do. The language difference is probably client-side only.

3. It is hard to know what is the current structure of Feerik like. We have no idea how many employees they have neither how much they are paid for working at it. Any guess at this is just random. I could as well just say that an average IT professional earns $1000 monthly where i live....

#11 14-12-2010 21:23:52

XenoZangotta
Habitant de Guem
Site Web

As someone who's had artists work for him before, I can say that no, they don't get paid per month, they get paid per piece.  These artists are basically paid per week, (all those new cards?)

Plus, I KNOW that we can't guess their number of employees or structure, but the point stands that this game and site aren't running on happy thoughts and dreams.  With game mechanics programming and the "attempts" to fix a server that they already have to pay for by bandwidth, it really does become a bit of a trap.

Also, who knows, they might be having issues with getting the money through their pay providers after said providers take their percentage.  Not really my place to say, right?

Now, realisticly, they'd want to have different LOCAL servers for each language, making it possible to reduce lag.  It would be no surprise to me if the only server was in FRANCE.  Actually, that would be damn near impossible to run with, I think.  This much traffic from other countries?  Yeah... right.

Also, Breezy: I've finished about 4 games since without issue.  tongue

Dernière modification par XenoZangotta (14-12-2010 21:25:18)

#12 14-12-2010 21:29:42

Breezy414
Habitant de Guem

That's because they like you.  I was 2 / 5 within the first 17 minutes of the tournament lol..

#13 14-12-2010 21:38:10

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

I suppose the artist already had done MOST of the fallen from the sky collection since the very beginning. Just because they release new cards every week it doesn't mean they are creating new artwork for them every week. Imagine the whole time it would take to create new cards if it was done like this.

Also , i find it very likely the game is running just from a server in France.

#14 14-12-2010 21:39:41

Breezy414
Habitant de Guem

And now, due to those 6 time out issues.. I now have the "Low Fair Play Level" warning.. Currently missing out on XP because of this.  This is complete bullshit.  Fix the fucking servers and stop pussy footing around.  Has anyone heard what the "Emergency Maintenance" was about yet?  I'm guessing it was just another ploy to make us think they are doing something.

**EDIT**

Le Sigh.

Dernière modification par Breezy414 (14-12-2010 21:45:03)

#15 14-12-2010 21:52:20

XenoZangotta
Habitant de Guem
Site Web

Seraph a écrit :

Imagine the whole time it would take to create new cards if it was done like this.

Any one of my artists could finish said size of art in two days without issue around their usual schedule.  That's with backgrounds that are usually left out, (at least on characters.)  Professional artists only need to think hard, and a picture comes out.

#16 14-12-2010 21:57:23

XenoZangotta
Habitant de Guem
Site Web

Breezy414 a écrit :

And now, due to those 6 time out issues.. I now have the "Low Fair Play Level" warning.. Currently missing out on XP because of this.  This is complete bullshit.  Fix the fucking servers and stop pussy footing around.  Has anyone heard what the "Emergency Maintenance" was about yet?  I'm guessing it was just another ploy to make us think they are doing something.

**EDIT**

Le Sigh.

I think this is the sign that it's time to take a break.

It is a game, after all.  Try ***biiiiipppp*** bip for your iTCG fix, if you haven't already played that to death.

#17 14-12-2010 21:58:55

Breezy414
Habitant de Guem

Nah, just irritated I guess.  I took a break for about a month from here (It was better then) and come back to this.  I suppose I just need to go on another break until the new year or something lol.

#18 14-12-2010 22:01:09

XenoZangotta
Habitant de Guem
Site Web

Breezy414 a écrit :

Nah, just irritated I guess.  I took a break for about a month from here (It was better then) and come back to this.  I suppose I just need to go on another break until the new year or something lol.

Yeah, I'm still on my break.  Missing a lot of advent calander stuff.

However, the game was just becomming... the same.  They were adding content that didn't really expand the game at all, so I took a break.

That way, once I do come back, I can be surprised by everyone's new tactics, rather than finding myself saying; "He's going to do *this* and that's going to do from *damage* to *damage* to me.  Yup, there it is!"

#19 14-12-2010 22:05:54

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

You still didn't get it , Xeno.

Okay, so your artists can do 6 cards or so in a couple days. But wouldn't it be easier and faster if they could work in more than 6 cards per week? Do you see what i am saying?

What is the point of getting it done in two days and taking a break?
What if the artist doesn't get the job done in schedule? That is a REAL risk you are taking doing it in a weekly basis. Isn't it a lot of more safe to simply hire an artist to get 200 artworks done right away?

Anyway, this is getting off-topic and useless to the original post....=D~~

#20 14-12-2010 22:11:57

XenoZangotta
Habitant de Guem
Site Web

Why wouldn't they get it done in time?  More than likely if they make so many a week, the artists, with how few things there are to do, could do it all on like... Friday.  It's not like there's only one of 'em, and even if there were, with a tablet and their obvious skills, it can be done.  Straight, done.

Actually, since I have to go quickly, I'm just going to go for using myself as an example (again.)

This is something I did:
1266315256.clawsofslash_fireratdone.jpg
This art, you see, I sketched while I was at work, bored.  The sketch took me about half an hour.
Then I took it home and inked the blank in, which took about two.  Then I colored it in about an hour.  Now, this piece, in total, may have taken a total of four hours.

My point is that I am not a professional.  They are.

Dernière modification par XenoZangotta (14-12-2010 22:17:24)

#21 14-12-2010 23:35:05

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

I never said it is not possible. Rather there is the possibility it may not get done in time. Given we don't know the artists schedules there could be problems like diseases, other art jobs to be done, and many other random things.

The main point was:

Isn't it a lot more safe, faster and simple to hire an artist to get 200 artworks done right away? Why do it an weekly basis when you could just ask the artist to do a lot of work in a single request?

#22 14-12-2010 23:40:26

Squarta
Habitant de Guem

XenoZangotta a écrit :
Breezy414 a écrit :

Yeah, I'm still on my break.  Missing a lot of advent calander stuff.

However, the game was just becomming... the same.  They were adding content that didn't really expand the game at all, so I took a break.

That way, once I do come back, I can be surprised by everyone's new tactics, rather than finding myself saying; "He's going to do *this* and that's going to do from *damage* to *damage* to me.  Yup, there it is!"

Ok,you have choosen to take a break.
But what about me?What about other people that keep on playing with fun until they have server problems?
It is higly unfair.Because I have spent money to obtain new cards but I have also spent money because I believe in this game and i want to give it the chance to grow.And it is not growing.

I don't really think it's a matter of money.They are earning well.Look at the affiliated boosters:
1000 for each guild=5000 boosters
Each one is 400 feez.They have all gone sold out in less than six days.400 feez is about 5 euros then...yeah I know that there is also the possibility to gain free feez but I'm just doing some maths to give an idea,not a financial analysis on Feerik money.I DON'T want to do such a thing.It's not my business. smile

#23 15-12-2010 08:37:16

kornholio
Campeur

I tried playing from a computer with a lousy connection (Not ELO matches, nor tournaments) and yes, I kept losing from "Sorry, you have took too much time to decide"....

I tried playing at home, with my beloved netbook, with a semi decent conection. No problem.

Recently, I lost two days trying to start a SINGLE match, thanks to the "Sorry, the game couldn't launch" error. I have read the forum (not the french one) and thanks to that error maybe I can't get the trophy card of this week.

I do spend money on this game. I do it because I like all this. No one is putting a gun in my head and says "Dude, buy Fee'z!!! NOW! Feerik WILL send you a naked Kimiko original draft to Buenos Aires to thank you"...

See my point here? In the opening post, I have read complains without common sense. You got hosed in tournaments for timeouts? Go to a place with better connection. You can't? Spend less money buying Fee'z and pay a better connection. Still you can't finish a single game? Well, make a polite complain, not the "Do what I say or I jump!!!" kind.

Yes, the idea of multiple servers it's quite nifty. The calculation of Feerik's annual earning it's quite "realistic". But maybe the problem here it's something less... dramatic.

If I'm not happy with a service, either I change my provider (another game) or spend less, or quit.

And sorry. I tend to say "spend" but really is "paying for fun"...

PS: Sorry for the bad grammar. And XenoZangotta, nice Bender paraphrase there wink

Dernière modification par kornholio (15-12-2010 08:40:36)

#24 15-12-2010 13:44:24

XenoZangotta
Habitant de Guem
Site Web

Squarta a écrit :

I don't really think it's a matter of money.They are earning well.Look at the affiliated boosters:
1000 for each guild=5000 boosters
Each one is 400 feez.They have all gone sold out in less than six days.400 feez is about 5 euros then...yeah I know that there is also the possibility to gain free feez but I'm just doing some maths to give an idea,not a financial analysis on Feerik money.I DON'T want to do such a thing.It's not my business. smile

It's true that lots of people play the game, from lots of places, and a small amount of the large amount of registered users are active and paying.  Think of how many people join only for a few days just to leave.  (If even, FB people have the attention span of a confused kitten... BUT THEY'RE SO FLUFFY!)

Anyway, just my suggestion to give it a time limit and maybe take a break?  I understand the frustration, but I also know that I have a much larger amount of choice available as far as games go than most people.

Then again, this game is kinda my time passer at work.

Kornholio a écrit :

PS: Sorry for the bad grammar. And XenoZangotta, nice Bender paraphrase there

You sir, get a cookie.  If only for also liking Futurama.  tongue

#25 15-12-2010 13:53:41

bleachman
Gardien

Its okay to wonder why they are not updating certain servers/processes. It is also okay to ask for and request it. But is it really necessary to estimate, guess and ponder about how much they are actually earning? That's really just silly.

Quite frankly, I doubt money is the issue why servers have not been updated/improved. Just take a look at some other aspects. They are trying to work on a whole new Christmas/Seasons event set up, which involves work and time to keep the player base entertained.

I can well imagine that Feerik, which also runs a lot of other games, will eventually get to it. It's just a matter of time. There aren't really any excuses though. I do believe they should work on the server issue at hand, asap.

(Side note: aren't flash games always laggy and semi hard to manage? I have played quite a few more intense ones and remember there always being a certain amount of lag/difficulties with servers over time. I cannot really comment on that issue as I have not goddamn idea how programing and developing flash games work. Maybe somebody could enlighten me, us?)

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

Pied de page des forums